Toastmasters is open to all who are interested over the age of seventeen and who are able to participate in the communications and leadership programs of Toastmasters International.
Each new Toastmaster receives a New Member Kit. The kit features a copy of the Basic Communications manual, the basic Leadership manual, general orientation materials and information regarding skill improvement in areas such as speech evaluation and the use of gestures. Everything is included for you to achieve the Competent Communicator (CC) and Competent Leader (CL) recognitions. The CC is awarded after the completion of ten speeches with varying objectives. The CL is awarded after completing ten projects and after receiving your CC.
Club membership is renewed semi-annually at a cost of $54 covering all club and Toastmaster International dues. There is no weekly fee to attend our meetings! New members are charged a fee of $20 for membership materials, including basic manuals.
Remember, you can visit as often as you want, but you will not be allowed to participate in meeting roles until you join.
If you would like to join our club, please complete the online membership application. You will then be taken to a payment page where you may pay your initial dues with a credit card via PayPal.
Membership Applications are not considered complete until they have been accepted by a vote of the membership at a regular meeting.
A Toastmaster’s Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speeches to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Communications and Leadership Program manual or the Advanced Communications and Leadership Program manuals
- To willingly prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive criticism
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To willingly serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities